Requirements for travelling to Thailand during Covid-19 situation for non-Thai citizens
Please follow these steps if you wish to travel to Thailand during the Covid-19 situation.
- Visa requirements
1.1 Foreigners holding an ordinary passport of the following countries/territories are not required to obtain a visa when entering Thailand for a tourism purpose.
- Holders of an ordinary passport of the following countries/territories are exempted from obtaining a visa and can stay up to 45 days in Thailand: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein. Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, UAE, UK, USA, Vietnam
- Holder of an ordinary passport of the following countries/territories that have concluded bilateral visa waiver agreements for a stay up to 30 days in Thailand: Hong Kong, Lao PDR, Macao, Mongolia, Russia and Vietnam
- Holders of an ordinary passport of the following countries/territories that have concluded bilateral visa waiver agreements for a stay up to 90 days in Thailand: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, South Korea and Peru
1.2 If you need to apply for a visa for other purposes such as business, research, study etc. or stay longer than 30 days for a tourism purpose, please check information through this link: Click here. Once you have all the documents for applying for a visa, you can come to the embassy and turn in your application from Monday to Friday between 09.00-11.30 hrs. You have to apply at least 14 days before your departure date
- You need to apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE).
Please note that from 13 November 2020, all COE application is done online through this link: Click here. Documents required for acquiring the COE are: 1) Copy of a valid passport 2) Copy of a valid visa (if any) 3) Copy of health insurance for travellers which cover medical treatment expenditures of Covid-19, with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD. 4) Flight confirmation (for the list of airlines, please click here: https://bit.ly/2Ude2kx ) Reservation Confirmation of Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) hotel for a stay of 14 days, starting from the date of arrival in Thailand (for the list of ASQ, please click here: https://bit.ly/3556nel ).
* All travellers must stay in quarantine at a state-approved quarantine hotel for 14 days and be tested for Covid-19. There is no exemption to this regulation. You are not allowed to quarantine yourself at a private residence.
For a guideline on COE application, please see the following link and VDO clip:
After COE issuance, please ensure that you have the following documents to present at the check-in counter and to the Department of Disease Control’s Representatives upon arrival into Thailand.
- Passport with a visa (if any)
- Certificate of Entry (COE)
- Fit to Fly Health Certificate (Thailand’s Heath Control required a hard copy version).
- Medical Certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR test, issued within 72 hours before departure (in case of connecting flights, before embarkation from the initial port).
- (For the Department of Disease Control upon arrival into Thailand only) Medical insurance or letter from employers guaranteeing that the insurance company or employer will cover a minimum of 100,000 USD of medical costs occurred by the applicant in Thailand, including medical costs in the event that applicant contracts COVID-19 (The insurance must cover the total duration of stay in Thailand).
- T.8 Form (Thailand’s Heath Declaration Form). You can download T.8 Form at https://drive.google.com/file/d/19N8KK5w8ahtNyOBmOt2PelmpzLGAWNt0/view
- Documents (3) (4) (5) must be in English or Thai only. Certified translations into English or Thai are accepted in the case that the original copy is in the foreign language.
- Document (5) needs to be quoted in US dollars. Other currencies will not be accepted by the department of disease control
- In order to enhance confidence in travelling among visitors and locals, please download the application "Thailand Plus" on your mobile phone and complete the registration before travelling to Thailand to assist the travellers and make the journey in Thailand seamless. For more information about the application, please visit https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ygCCAxND2eeRpBriNy3ggyvVcE975Vz1/view
For Thailands´s COVID-19 information updates, including summary of provincial COVID-19 control measures, please visit www.tatnews.org