The Royal Thai Embassy, Stockholm will handle visa applicants only from holders of Swedish and Latvian passport, and from those who have residence permits in Sweden.
- Application form (click here to download)
- Original passport
- Copy of passport (the page with your information)
- Two photographs
- An original official letter of acceptance from employing institute or school in Thailand.
- A copy of school License (must be certified true copy with signature by School Principal/Manager )
- A copy of the License of School Manager. (must be certified true copy with signature by School Principal/Manager)
- Letter of Approval From Government Agencies such as THE OFFICE OF THE PRIVATE EDUCATION COMMISSION, THE OFFICE OF THE BASIC EDUCATION COMMISSION.
- Your Orginal Criminal record clearance certificate from Swedish Police (English only)
- Evidence of your educational qualification such as diplomas or teaching certificates.
- Evidence of previous work and Teaching experience or related experiences
Conditions for the Recruitment of Foreign Teachers in Thailand
- Foreign teachers who wish to teach the English language in the institutions of higher education must have the following requirements:1.1 A Master Degree or Ph.D. in related fields;1.2 Specific requirements, conditions, and salary will be determined by the institutions of higher education;
- Foreign teacher who wishes to teach English language in vocational institutions must have the following requirements:2.1 A Bachelor Degree or higher2.2 Teaching experience or related experiences;2.3 Foreign teachers without English background/degree must obtain a record of training certificate, test or diploma to verify their English proficiency;2.4 Specific requirements conditions and salary will be determined by vocational institutions (salary rate within the range fixed by the Ministry of Finance of Thailand)
- Foreign teacher who wishes to teach English language in public and private institutions must have the following requirements;3.1 A Bachelor Degree or higher;3.2 Academic records in specific fields or related fields;3.3 Knowledge/teaching experience and must be must be trained in Thai language and culture course;3.4 Teachers who are non-native English speakers must be fluent in English skills including listening, speaking, reading, and writings, and should have at least 550 TOEFL score or 5.5 IELTS score;3.5 Specific requirements conditions and salary will be determined by academic institutions (salary rate within the range fixed by the Ministry of Finance of Thailand)
- 700 SEK for single entry
- Visa fee paid in CASH ONLY when submitting application.
- Visa fee may be changed without prior notice
- The Embassy does not provide copy or printing service.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents.
- The Embassy will REJECT your visa application if your document above is not completed.
- Do not apply for a visa earlier than 3 months before your arrival date to Thailand.
- The Embassy will not return the fee paid for visa application in case the applicants apply for visa too early than 3 months so that the applicants MUST check period of stay and arrival date to Thailand by yourself carefully.
PROCESSING TIME (with completed documents)
In-person or by a representative: 3 business days Collection date for the visa is specified on a payment receipt. Always bring the receipt when collecting a visa.
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.
The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse a visa to an applicant with insufficient documents or if the reasons are given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable.