NON - IMMIGRANT B TEACHING
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for working in Thai educational institutions purposes only.
The visa is valid 90 days from the date of issuance. A traveller must enter Thailand within the said 90-day period and the permit to stay in Thailand for 90 days starting from the arrival date. This permit of stay can be extended 2 times (90 days each time).
- Passport - a page with your face and information on it with a validity of at least 6 months. The passport has to contain at least two empty visa pages.
- Photograph - size approximately 3 cm. x 5 cm. Front-facing and not older than six months. No homemade photographs.
- Declaration Form (click here to download).
- An original official letter of acceptance from an employment institute or school in Thailand.
- A copy of school license (must be certified true copy with signature by School Principal/Manager )
- A copy of the License of the School Manager. (must be certified true copy with signature by School Principal/Manager)
- Letter of Approval From Government Agencies such as THE OFFICE OF THE PRIVATE EDUCATION COMMISSION, THE OFFICE OF THE BASIC EDUCATION COMMISSION.
- Your original Criminal record clearance certificate from Swedish Police (English only)
- Evidence of your educational qualification such as diplomas or teaching certificates.
- Evidence of previous work and Teaching experience or related experiences
Conditions for the Recruitment of Foreign Teachers in Thailand
- A Foreign teachers who wish to teach the English language in the institutions of higher education must have the following requirements:1.1 A Master Degree or Ph.D. in related fields;1.2 Specific requirements, conditions, and salary will be determined by the institutions of higher education;
- A foreign teacher who wishes to teach the English language in vocational institutions must have the following requirements:2.1 A Bachelor Degree or higher2.2 Teaching experience or related experiences;2.3 Foreign teachers without English background/degree must obtain a record of training certificate, test or diploma to verify their English proficiency;2.4 Specific requirements conditions and salary will be determined by vocational institutions (salary rate within the range fixed by the Ministry of Finance of Thailand)
- A foreign teacher who wishes to teach the English language in public and private institutions must have the following requirements;3.1 A Bachelor Degree or higher;3.2 Academic records in specific fields or related fields;3.3 Knowledge/teaching experience and must be must be trained in Thai language and culture course;3.4 Teachers who are non-native English speakers must be fluent in English skills including listening, speaking, reading, and writings, and should have at least 550 TOEFL score or 5.5 IELTS score;3.5 Specific requirements conditions and salary will be determined by academic institutions (salary rate within the range fixed by the Ministry of Finance of Thailand)
- 700 SEK for single entry
- The visa application fee is not refundable.
- Please bring the attached documents and original passport to the embassy on the appointment date (the Embassy does not provide a copy or printing service). It is also possible to send the documents and passport by post.
- Do not apply for a visa earlier than 3 months before your arrival date to Thailand.
- After the Embassy receives your documents, the processing time is 7 working days.
- Applicants will receive an email approval once the visa is granted.
- You can collect your passport from Monday to Friday between 14.30-15.30 hrs.
- Please bring an e-appointment with you when picking up your passport.
- Passport can be returned by a registered post. Please prepare an envelope addressed to the applicant. You can buy a registered post through PostNord. For instruction, please click here.
- Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.
- The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse a visa to an applicant with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa application fee is non-refundable.