NON-IMMIGRATION - M (Filming / PRESS)
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for filming/press.
The visa is valid 90 days from the date of issuance. A traveller must enter Thailand within the said 90-day period and the permit to stay in Thailand for 90 days starting from the arrival date.
- For Filming
- Passport - a page with your face and information on it with a validity of at least 6 months. The passport has to contain at least two empty visa pages.
- Photograph - size approximately 3 cm. x 5 cm. Front-facing and not older than six months. No homemade photographs.
- Declaration Form (click here to download)
- An original confirmation letter of Approval from the Office of Tourism Development, The Ministry of Tourism and Sports (Tel. +66 (0) 2215-7430)
- Information for Foreign Press
From 16 August 2010, all foreign members of media applying for media accreditation to work/reside in Thailand or to renew their visa, work permit and press card, have to submit their applications through the MFA Media Online Service (MMOS) website http://mmos.mfa.go.th.
- For the general process and procedure, please follow the Guidance for foreign journalists who wish to work in Thailand.
- For how to use the MMOS website, please follow the Foreign Media Registration Process.
- The MMOS is a system developed by the Foreign Ministry to support the following services to members of media:
- Online media registration for important meetings, conferences and other events hosted by the Foreign Ministry for both Thai and foreign media based in Thailand who wish to cover such events.
- Online accreditation service for foreign members of media intending to work or reside in the Kingdom as well as for the annual renewal of the media accreditation to obtain an extension for the visa, work permit and press card.
- E-newsletter service for updated news from the Foreign Ministry.
- 700 SEK for single entry
- 1750 SEK for multiple entry
- The visa application fee is not refundable.
- Please bring the attached documents and original passport to the embassy on the appointment date (the Embassy does not provide a copy or printing service). It is also possible to send the documents and passport by post.
- Do not apply for a visa earlier than 3 months before your arrival date to Thailand.
- After the Embassy receives your documents, the processing time is 7 working days.
- Applicants will receive an email approval once the visa is granted.
- You can collect your passport from Monday to Friday between 14.30-15.30 hrs.
- Please bring an e-appointment with you when picking up your passport.
- Passport can be returned by a registered post. Please prepare an envelope addressed to the applicant. You can buy a registered post through PostNord.. For instruction, please click here.
- Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.
- The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse a visa to an applicant with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa application fee is non-refundable.