NON-IMMIGRANT O-A LONG STAY
This type of visa is granted to a person who is 50 years old or older and wishes to enter Thailand for the purpose of tourism. The visa has multiple entries and has a validity of 1 year. At each entry, you get to stay for up to 365 days but it is required to report to immigration every 90 days.
- The visa is valid 90 days from the date of issuance. A traveller must enter Thailand within the said 90-day period and the permit to stay in Thailand for 90 days starting from the arrival date.
- If the visa holder breaches the entry conditions (for example, if he/she engages in work-related activities), the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.
- Successful applicants are not allowed to work in Thailand.
- Passport - a page with your face and information on it with a validity of at least 6 months. The passport has to contain at least two empty visa pages.
- 2 photographs - size approximately 3 cm. x 5 cm. Front-facing and not older than six months. No homemade photographs.
- Declaration Form (click here to download).
- Original Criminal Record and 1 copy (we do accept that you open the envelope and make copies yourself)
- 1 original and 1 copy of the medical certificate (in English only) issued by a medical doctor in Sweden.
The certificate must also have the seal stamp of the hospital or clinic or where the certificate has been issued. Showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535), such as LEPROSY, TUBERCULOSIS (T.B.), ELEPHANTIASIS, DRUG ADDICTION AND THIRD STEP OF SYPHILIS (the verification shall be valid for not more than 3 months) (click to download for an example of Medical certificate) (click here to download)
- Evidence of adequate finance.
1 original and 1 copy of the Pension statement showing at least 18 500 SEK in pension income per month after taxes or...
1 original and 1 copy sets of Bank statements showing a savings account of at least 228,000 SEK (800,000 baht). The document must be stamped and signed by the authorized issuer and issued within the past 3 months or...
1 original and 1 copy of a pension income certificate (per month x 12 months) can be combined with Bank statement to reach a total amount of 228,000 SEK (800,000 Baht)
- 1 original and 2 copies of Health Insurance Policy Pursuant to the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of Thailand, dated 2 April B.E. 2562 (2019), approving in principle for the stipulation of health insurance as an additional requirement for Non-Immigrant ‘O-A’ (Long Stay) visa application, the Royal Thai Embassy has introduced the following requirements for the said visa application: Effective from 31 October 2019, the applicant must be medically insured for the entire period of stay in Thailand with the following coverage:
– Outpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 40,000 THB, and
– Inpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 400,000 THB
The applicants must submit the following documents:
7.1.2 Health insurance policy document issued by a Thai or foreign insurance company, stating that the applicant is medically insured for the period and with coverage as mentioned above:
(a) In the case of a foreign insurance company, the applicant must submit the original insurance policy document with 2 copies;
(b) In the case of a Thai insurance company, the applicant must submit 2 copies of the insurance policy document or, if available, the original insurance policy document with 2 copies. A list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found here: http://longstay.tgia.org
10.2. Foreign Insurance Certificate as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, which must be completed, signed and stamped by the insurance company. The form can be downloaded here: Foreign Insurance Certificate Form
Please separate the documents into 2 sets. One set with the original paper and 1 set with the copies.
1750 SEK for multiple entry
The visa application fee is not refundable.
Please bring the attached documents and original passport to the embassy on the appointment date (the embassy does not provide a copy or printing service). It is also possible to send the documents and passport by post.
Do not apply for a visa earlier than 3 months before your arrival date to Thailand.
After the Embassy receives your documents, the processing time is 7 working days.
Applicants will receive an email approval once the visa is granted.
You can collect your passport from Monday to Friday between 14.30-15.30 hrs.
Please bring an e-appointment with you when picking up your passport.
Passport can be returned by a registered post. Please prepare an envelope addressed to the applicant. You can buy a registered post through PostNord.. For instruction, please click here.
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.
The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse a visa to an applicant with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa application fee is non-refundable.