NON-IMMIGRANT O - RETIREMENT VISA
This type of visa is granted to a person who is retired and receives a pension from the government.
- The visa is valid for a single and multiple entries
- The visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. Travellers must enter Thailand within the said 90-day period. They will be allowed to stay in Thailand for a period of up to 90 days, counting from the date of entry. During the 90-day period of stay, if they wish to leave and re-enter Thailand, they are required to apply for a re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure. If they leave Thailand without a re-entry permit, the current stay permit shall be considered void.
- Extension of visa is possible. Those qualified may obtain an additional one-year stay permit, counting from the date of entry to Thailand. The extension of stay is at the discretion of the immigration officer. An extension application can be made at the Office of Immigration Bureau. Please visit www.immigration.go.th for more information.
- If an O- retirement visa holder breaches the entry conditions, the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.
- Passport - a page with your face and information on it with a validity of at least 6 months. The passport has to contain at least two empty visa pages.
- Photograph - size approximately 3 cm. x 5 cm. Front-facing and not older than six months. No homemade photographs.
- Declaration Form (click here to download).
- Pension certificate. A certificate showing that you are retired from Pensionsmyndigheten.
- Pension Statement. A document that shows how much pension you'll get each month. You must have at least 18 500 SEK after tax. You may combine different pension income.
- Bank statements. If your monthly income is lower than 18 500 SEK. You may use your bank statement with an amount of at least 57 000 SEK. We do not accept Pension Funds.
- Original of Health Insurance Policy: during the covid-19 situation, the applicant must be medically insured for the entire period of stay in Thailand with the following coverage:
- Outpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 40,000 THB, and
- Inpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 400,000 THB
Health insurance policy document issued by a Thai or foreign insurance company, stating that the applicant is medically insured for the period and with coverage as mentioned above:
(a) In the case of a Thai insurance company, the applicant must submit the insurance policy document or, if available, the original insurance policy document with 2 copies. A list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found here: http://longstay.tgia.org Or…
(b) Foreign Insurance Certificate as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, which must be completed, signed and stamped by the insurance company. The form can be downloaded here: Foreign Insurance Certificate Form
4 VISA FEE
- 700 SEK for single entry
- 1750 SEK for multiple entries (permitted to stay up to a maximum of 90 days/entry)
- The visa application fee is not refundable.
- Please bring the attached documents and original passport to the embassy on the appointment date (the Embassy does not provide a copy or printing service). It is also possible to send the documents and passport by post.
- Do not apply for a visa earlier than 3 months before your arrival date to Thailand.
- After the Embassy receives your documents, the processing time is 7 working days.
- Applicants will receive an email approval once the visa is granted.
- You can collect your passport from Monday to Friday between 14.30-15.30 hrs.
- Please bring an e-appointment with you when picking up your passport.
- Passport can be returned by a registered post. Please prepare an envelope addressed to the applicant. You can buy a registered post through PostNord.. For instruction, please click here.
- Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.
- The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse a visa to an applicant with insufficient documents or if the reasons are given are not fully supported. The visa application fee is non-refundable.