This type of visa is granted to a person who is retired and receive pension from government.
- Application form (click here to download)
- Original passport
- Copy of passport (the page with your information)
- Two photographs
- Pension certificate from Pensionsmyndigheten/ Försäkringskassan
- Pension statement showing at least 18 500 SEK in pension income per month after taxes
- Or Bank statements) with an amount of at least 57 000 SEK
- Insurance Policy
- Visa Fee. 700 SEK, single entry
1750 SEK, multiple entries
Required Document in detail
- Application form. Completed and signed (Click here to download)
- Original Passport with a validity of at least 6 months for single entry and 18 months for Multiple entries. It should have at least two empty visa pages. Copy of passport on A4 paper size, do not cut or alter the copy. Page with your face and information on it.
- Two photographs, size approximately 3cm. x 5cm. Front facing and not older than six months. No homemade photographs.
- Pension certificate. A certificate showing that you are retired from Pensionsmyndigheten.
- Pension Statement. A document that shows how much pension you'll get each month. You must have at least 18 500 SEK after tax. You may combine different pension income.
- Bank statements. If your monthly income is lower than 18 500 SEK. You may use your bank statement with an amount of at least 57 000 SEK. We do not accept Pension Funds.
- Original of Health Insurance Policy : during the covid-19 situation, the applicant must be medically insured for the entire period of stay in Thailand with the following coverage:
- Outpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 40,000 THB, and
- Inpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 400,000 THB
Health insurance policy document issued by a Thai or foreign insurance company, stating that the applicant is medically insured for the period and with coverage as mentioned above:
(a) In case of a Thai insurance company, the applicant must submit the insurance policy document or, if available, the original insurance policy document with 2 copies. A list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found here: http://longstay.tgia.org Or…
(b) Foreign Insurance Certificate as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, which must be completed, signed and stamped by the insurance company. The form can be downloaded here: Foreign Insurance Certificate Form
- 700 SEK for single entry
- 1750 SEK for Multiple entries (permitted to stay up to max 90 days/entry)
- Visa fee paid in CASH ONLY when submitting the application.
- Visa fee may be changed without prior notice
- The visa application fee is not refundable.
- The Embassy does not provide a copy or printing service.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents.
- The Embassy will REJECT your visa application if your document above is not completed.
- Do not apply for a visa earlier than 3 months before your arrival date to Thailand.
- The Embassy will not return the fee paid for visa application in case the applicants apply for the visa too early than 3 months so that the applicants MUST check the period of stay and arrival date to Thailand by yourself carefully.
PROCESSING TIME (with completed documents)
In-person or by a representative: 3 business days Collection date for the visa is specified on a payment receipt. Always bring the receipt when collecting a visa.
Successful applicants and dependants are not allowed to work in Thailand.
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.
The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse a visa to an applicant with insufficient documents or if the reasons are given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable.