NON-IMMIGRANT R-A (RELIGION) VISA
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for Buddhism study/Religious function/Missionary purpose.
- The visa is valid 90 days from the date of issuance. A traveller must enter Thailand within the said 90-day period and the permit to stay in Thailand for 90 days starting from the arrival date.
- If the visa holder breaches the entry conditions (for example, if he/she engages in work-related activities), the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.
- Successful applicants are not allowed to work in Thailand.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR THE E-VISA SYSTEM
- Passport - a page with your face and information on it with a validity of at least 6 months. The passport has to contain at least two empty visa pages.
- Photograph - size approximately 3 cm. x 5 cm. Front-facing and not older than six months. No homemade photographs.
- Declaration Form (click here to download)
- Supporting documents:
4.1 Buddhism study/Religious function - an original confirmation letter from the National Buddhism Office or the Prime Minister's Office or the Mahachulalongkorn University - an original confirmation letter from the abbot of the temple where the applicant will be studying or performing the religious function.
4.2 Missionary purpose - an original confirmation letter issued by the Religious Affairs Department or by the National Buddhism Office - an original confirmation letter and request made by the religious organization at which the applicant is stationed.
- 1750 SEK for multiple entry
- The visa application fee is not refundable.
- Please bring the attached documents and original passport to the embassy on the appointment date (the Embassy does not provide a copy or printing service). It is also possible to send the documents and passport by post.
- Do not apply for a visa earlier than 3 months before your arrival date to Thailand.
- After the Embassy receives your documents, the processing time is 7 working days.
- Applicants will receive an email approval once the visa is granted.
- You can collect your passport from Monday to Friday between 14.30-15.30 hrs.
- Please bring an e-appointment with you when picking up your passport.
- Passport can be returned by a registered post. Please prepare an envelope addressed to the applicant. You can buy a registered post through PostNord.. For instruction, please click here.
- Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.
- The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse a visa to an applicant with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa application fee is non-refundable.