Special Tourist Visa (STV)
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for tourism purposes only.
- The visa is valid 90 days from the date of issuance. A traveller must enter Thailand within the said 90-day period and the permit to stay in Thailand for 90 days starting from the arrival date. This permit of stay can be extended 2 times (90 days each time).
- If the visa holder breaches the entry conditions (for example, if he/she engages in work-related activities), the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.
- Successful applicants are not allowed to work in Thailand.
- Passport - a page with your face and information on it with a validity of at least 6 months. The passport has to contain at least two empty visa pages.
- Photograph - size approximately 3 cm. x 5 cm. Front-facing and not older than six months. No homemade photographs.
- Declaration Form (click here to download)
- A copy of valid health insurance certificate from Thai insurance company; https://longstay.tgia.org/ with indicating that the insurance:
6.1 covers the whole period of stay in Thailand
6.2 has a medical benefit in Thailand for outpatients must not be less than 40,000 Baht.
6.3 has a medical benefit in Thailand for inpatients must not be less than 400,000 Baht.
- Accommodation AFTER 14 days Alternative State quarantine :
7.1 In case the applicant or family (proof of spouse/children) member owns a condominium, please submit :
- a copy of the confirmation of applicant/family member’s property ownership OR
- proof of payments for purchasing/leasing of a condominium unit at least 2 instalments OR
7.2 In case the applicant does not own a condominium in Thailand, by staying in a hotel, or a rental condominium/ house please submit a copy of the full payment of booking/rental confirmation directly from the hotel with the whole period of staying in Thailand.
- Marriage certificate and birth certificate are required when travelling with your spouse and children under 20 years old.
Remark: Please note that holders of STV visa still need a Certificate of Entry (COE). For information about COE, Click here.
700 SEK for single entry
The visa application fee is not refundable.
Please bring the attached documents and original passport to the embassy on the appointment date (the embassy does not provide a copy or printing service). It is also possible to send the documents and passport by post.
Do not apply for a visa earlier than 3 months before your arrival date to Thailand.
After the Embassy receives your documents, the processing time is 7 working days.
Applicants will receive an email approval once the visa is granted.
You can collect your passport from Monday to Friday between 14.30-15.30 hrs.
Please bring an e-appointment with you when picking up your passport.
Passport can be returned by a registered post. Please prepare an envelope addressed to the applicant. You can buy a registered post through PostNord.. For instruction, please click here.
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice. The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse a visa to an applicant with insufficient documents or if the reasons are given are not fully supported. The visa application fee is non-refundable.