Visa on Arrival “VOA”
In an effort to control the Covid-19, the Royal Thai Government has decided to temporarily suspend the VOA from 13 March 2020 until future notice. Therefore, passport holders of 19 countries listed below are advised to apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Embassy before their trip to Thailand during Covid-19 Situation.
Multiple Entry Tourist Visa
Quick Check list
- Application form (click here to download)
- Original passport
- Copy of passport (the page with your information)
- Two photographs
- Copy of arrival and departure ticket to Thailand
- Bank statements
- Employment certificate
- Hotel/Accommodation reservation
- Application Fee, 1750 Swedish kronor in cash
Required Document in detail
- A completed and signed visa Application form (Click here to download) Children must have their own visa application and the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must sign the form on the child's behalf.
- An original Passport with a validity of at least 6 months. Containing at least two empty visa pages.
Copy of passport on A4 paper size, do not cut or alter the copy. Page with your face and information on it.
- Two photographs, size approximately 3cm. x 5cm. Front facing and not older than six months. No photographs.
- Copy of reservation tickets, showing arrival and departure dates for Thailand.
- A bank statement showing deposit account (CASH ONLY) with an amount of at least 57 000 SEK (200 000 baht) in the past 6 months.
- An employment certificate in English from an employer mentions the applicant's job position, salary, the purpose of visiting Thailand, and the date when the applicant is expected to return to work. For self-employed, Please submit the business license or business registration indicating the applicant's name. For a student, please submit an original certificate of student status in English from the school, college, or university. In case of unemployment, you are not eligible to apply for this visa.
- A copy of hotel/Accommodation reservation in Thailand. (showing your name, date of arrival and departure and full address of hotel reservation) OR if the applicant stays at a friend's house, please submit a letter of invitation, a copy of friend's ID card or passport and a copy of house registration or leasing contract.
- For EU citizens (except Swedish citizens) a copy of personbevis and a copy of a valid Swedish visa/residence permit (Uppehållstillstånd) Swedish visa/residence permit must be valid during the period of traveling and returning to Sweden.
PROCESSING TIME (with completed documents)
In person or by a representative: 3 business days Collection date for the visa is specified on a payment receipt. Always bring the receipt when collecting a visa.