Non-Immigrant "O" Pension, Retired
This Type of visa is for a person who is retired and aged 50 and above wished to enter Thailand as a pensioner for purpose of tourism and holiday.
2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
(Please check your arrival date to thailand, the visa issued validity is valid only 3 months for single entry)
1. An original Passport or travel documents with (validity not less than 6 months for single entry and 18 months for multiple entries and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page) and MUST not be damage.
2. A copy of Passport (The page (s) that shows your photo, name, date and place of birth and the expiration date of passport)-The Embassy do not provide coping service please bring your own copies. Please note that the copy shall be on an A4 paper
3. A completed and sign Visa application form. (completed and signed by the applicants) Click here to download
4. Two (2) photographs, size 3.5cm. x 4.5cm. and front view, MUST be taken within the last 6 months and MUST NOT be your homemade photographs
5. Personbevis from skatteverket OR a copy of your Swedish I.D.
6. A copy of your Income monthly from
6.1) Pension income certificate from (Försäkringskassan) or Private insurances company with an amount of approximately 18,500 SEK per month after taxes (65,000 baht)
***In case of your monthly income less than 18,500 SEK per month, you can also bring
6.2) A copy of pension income certificate from Försäkringskassan/ private insuances company showing your income per month combined with a copy of bank statements showing deposit account (CASH ONLY) with an amount of approximately 57,000 SEK (200,000 baht) in the past 3 months. Document must be original in English, stamped and signed by authorized issuer and issued not more than 3 months
7. The Embassy does not provide copying or printing service. Please always bring your own copies. The Embassy reserves the right to keep all yours document as reference after processing your visa application
*** The Embassy will be REJECT your visa application if your documents above is not completed. (Effective from 23 February 2015)***
3. VISA FEE
- 600 SEK for single entry
- 1,500 SEK for Multiple entries
- Visa fee paid in CASH ONLY when submitting application.
- Visa fee may be changed without prior notice
- Do not apply visa earlier than 3 months before your arrival date to Thailand ( for single entry)
- The Embassy will not return the fee paid for visa application in all cases. the applicants MUST check period of stay and arrival date to Thailand by yourself carefully otherwise you must take your own consequesce by yourself.
5. VALIDITY OF A VISA
- The validity of a visa is 3 months for single entry
- The validity of a visa is 12 months for Multiple entries
- The Embassy issued visa from the date you hand-in visa application.
6. PERIOD OF STAY
Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 90 days per each entry (subject to the discretion of the Immigration Officer at the immigration check-point)
7. EXTENSION OF STAY
For the traveler who obtained tourist visa and wish to stay longer or may wish to change their visa type must fill an application for permission at the nearest immigration office where they are staying or at the Office of Immigration Bureau located at Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at http://www.immigration.go.th). The extension of stay should be done one week before the last permitted date mentioned on the immigration's stamp in your passport. The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
8. VISA PROCESSING TIME:
- Applying in person or representatives:- Application will be processed and ready in 4 days (For example, if you apply a visa o Monday, your visa can be collected on Thursday afternoon excepted some certain countries and other type of visa)
- Collection date for visa is specified on a payment receipt. Always bring the receipt and when collecting a visa.
- Applying through travel Agents:- Applications will be processed in 5 days
- The Embassy in Stockholm DOES NOT neither accepted nor returns visa application by post.
- The Royal Thai Consulate DOES NOT neither accepted nor returns visa application BY Post Effective from 1 March 2014 for more information www.thaiconsulate.se if you want to apply visa or at direct tel no. 031-150 643
9. VISA OPENING/COLLECTING HOURS:
- Visa applications Monday-Friday between 9.00-12.00 hours
- Collecting passport with issue visa Monday-Friday between 14.00-16.00 hours
- Closed on Thai and Swedish Publish holidays. Please check holidays list before visiting.
- The Embassy will not process an un-completed visa application.
- Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
- The Embassy will not return the visa fee paid after hand in your visa application
- Type of visa cannot be change after hand in your visa application.
- The applicants are fully responsible for choosing and submitting correct type of visa according to your purposes and period of stay to Thailand.
- After collecting your passport with issued visa, the applicant MUST check type of visa carefully and make sure it accords with your purposes and period of stay to Thailand.
- If there are any doubts, you MUST raise it immediately with the staff. Otherwise the applicants will take all the consequences by themselves.
- Visa requirement and information can be changed without prior notice.
11. WHERE AND HOW TO APPLY VISA
Please see more detail at General information or contact the Royal Thai Embassy, Stockholm
Visa telephone enquiry: Monday-Friday between 13.00-16.00 hours.