Schemes for entering Thailand by air travel from 1 November 2021
Whereby travellers from Sweden and Latvia are exempted from quarantine (updated 1 November 2021)
Travellers can enter Thailand under the following 3 schemes
Please see the infographics below for details regarding the required documents and processes
- Exemption from Quarantine (EQ) / Test and Go - - is the main scheme for travellers from Sweden and Latvia, as countries exempted from quarantine, who are fully vaccinated for 14 days before departure. This also includes those wishing to travel to Phuket (do not need to choose Phuket Sandbox). Please note that travellers still need to book a hotel for one night to have an RT-PCR test and wait for the result. Once the test result is negative, you can travel to other parts of Thailand. Both Thais and non-Thais travelling under this scheme also need a PCR test 72 hours before departure. Non-Thais also need an insurance with minimum coverage of 50,000 USD.
- Alternative Quarantine (AQ) - - is for travellers who are not fully vaccinated.
- Sandbox - - is for fully vaccinated travellers from all countries, including non-exempted countries. Sandbox travellers must stay in the Sandbox provinces for 7 days before going to other parts of Thailand. You can choose to enter Thailand under the Sandbox program, for example, if you are fully vaccinated but want to travel with children over 12 years old who are not fully vaccinated (cannot enter Thailand under the EQ program). How to make a registration for entering Thailand from 1 November 2021
From 1 November 2021, the COE system will no longer be used. Travellers are required to register under the Thailand Pass system at tp.consular.go.th 7 days before departure. The Thailand Pass system will be open for registration from 1 November 2021 onwards.
Transitional measures during 1-7 November
1. Those who have already received a COE can use it to enter Thailand without having to register under the Thailand Pass system.
2. For those who have registered under the COE system but have yet to receive a COE, most of whom are travelling to Thailand during the transitional period from 1 - 7 November 2021, the Embassy is in the process of issuing you a COE.
For more information, please see https://thaiembassy.se/en/traveltothai1nov21eng/