Visa Section Opening Hours:
Visa applications: Monday to Friday 09.00-12.00 hrs. ONLY
Passport return: Monday to Friday 14.00-16.00 hrs. ONLY
Except Official Holidays
Tel: +46 588 04 267
Telephone Inquiry time: 13.00-16.00 hrs. ONLY
Fax: +46 8 411 0446
- For swedish passport holder, and wish to stay in Thailand for no more than 30 days, your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months (according to immigration law). Immigration officer can make exemption for you if your passport is only valid during your stay in Thailand. We do strongly recommend that your passport has a validity of at least 6 months. You shall also check with your airline for other requirment.
- According to immigration law, you must be able to present an exit ticket within 30 day of your arrival if you travel without a visa (60 days if you wish to extend your stay at immigration office). Immigration officer has the right to deny you entry if you fail to show an exit ticket.
- You are required to obtain a visa when going to Thailand for business, conference, research, study etc., or when you are planning to stay for more than 30 days for tourism.
- For Swedish passport and others 49 countries who are on the TOURIST VISA EXEPTION can stay in thailand without a visa up to 30 days(when you arrive by airplane), with proof of departure from Thailand within 30 days. If you enter Thailand at the immigration checkpoints which border neighboring counties (by land or sea),you will be allowed to stay for 30 days but you are only allowed to enter 2 times per calender year this way.
1. Gennerally, a foreign citizen who wishes to enter the Kingdom of Thailand is required to obtain a visa from a Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General. However, nations of certain countries do not require a visa if they meet visa excemption requirements as follow:
1.1 They are nationals of countries which are excempted from visa requirements when entering Thailand for tourism purposes. Such nationals will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a period of not exceeding 30 days. for more information, please see Do i need a visa (Tourist Visa Excemption).
1.2 They are nationals of countries which hold bilateral agreements with Thailand on the excemption of visa requirements. For more information, please see List of Countries which have Concluded Agreements with Thailand on the Excemption of Visa Requirement.
2. Nationals of certain counries may apply for visa upon arrival in Thailand. Travellers with this type of visa re permitted to enter and stay in Thailand ofr a period of not excceding 15 days ONLY. For more information, please see Visa on Arrival
3. Travellers travelling from/through countries which have been declared Yellow Fever Infected Areas must acquire an International Health Certificate verifying the receiving of Yellow Fever vaccination. For more information, Please see List of Countries are Declared Yellow Fever Infected Areas.
Holder of non-Swedish passport or Traveling Documents
Holders of Non-Swedish passport, traveling documents other than passports (such as framlingpass) may have to submit other documents in applying for a visa to Thailand (even if the person have a swedish resident with Uppehålltillstånd) MUSTcontact the Royal Thai Embassy for detailed information.For more information, please see visa for certain countries
- You CANNOT combine these 30 days with all types of visa issued by the Royal Thai Embassy upon your arrival in Thailand.
- Those holding Travel documents for aliens (i.e. an alien passport or certificate of identity) MUST apply for visa for visiting Thailand at the Royal Thai Embassy in Stockholm ONLY.
- All types of visa application should be submitted in person or by representative.
- Application for Non-Immigrant visa (O-A) and Tourist visa for certain countries MUST be submitted at the Royal Thai Embassy in Stockholm ONLY.
- The Embassy DO NOT provides copying service.
VALIDITY OF VISA & PERIOD OF STAY
Please note that a visa means “a permit to enter” NOT “a permit to stay” and the validity of a visa IS NOT the duration of stay in Thailand. Visa validity is the period during which a visa can be used to enter Thailand. In general, the validity of a visa is 3 months, but in some cases may be valid for 6 months to 1 year.
The period of stay is granted by an immigration officer upon arrival at the port of entry in accordance with the type of visa. It is displayed on the arrival stamp which shows the entry date and the last date of permission to stay. Please look at the stamp right away to avoid overstay problems which may result in a fine in which case, the Embassy is not accountable for.
Royal Thai Embassies and Royal Thai Consulates-General have the authority to issue visas to foreigners to travel to Thailand. The authority to permit entry and stay in Thailand, however, is with the immigration officers. In some cases, the immigration officer may not permit foreigner holding a valid visa entry into Thailand should the immigration officer find reason to believe that he or she falls into the category of aliens prohibited from entering Thailand under the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).
1. The Embassy WILL NOT process a visa application if the application form is not completely filled out.
2. Any visa application which does not contain the proper documentation will be rejected. The applicant may then apply when the proper documentation is attached.
3. No copy service. The applicant must bring his/her own copies of documentation (passport, flight or reservation ticket, etc.). Please note that the Embassy does not provide copy service. If the applicant does not bring the copies needed, the case will be rejected.
4. DO NOT apply for a visa earlier than 3 months before your expected date of arrival in Thailand for a single entry visa.
5. The Embassy reserves the right to request more documents or ask for an interview.
6. After collecting the passport with issued visa, applicant MUST check the visa sticker carefully to make sure it accords with your purposes of visit to Thailand. If there are any doubts, you MUST raise it immediately with the staff. Otherwise the applicants will take all the consequences by themselves.
7. Upon arrival in Thailand, please check the last date which you are allowed to stay in Thailand stamped in your passport by the Thai immigration officer upon arrival. If you stay beyond the specified date, you may receive a fine for overstaying in Thailand. The Royal Thai Embassy WILL NOT responsible for any fine incurred as a result of your violation of Thai immigration law.
8. The Embassy WILL NOT return the visa fee paid after hand in your visa application
9. Type of visa CANNOT be change after hand in your visa application
10. The applicants are fully responsible for choosing correct type of visa and submitting time according to your purposes and period of stay to Thailand.
11. Visa requirement and information can be changed without prior notice.
12. Consular officers assume the right to deny or grant any type of visa to the applicant.
13. Please remember that your visa application slip that you recieved after turning in your visa is needed when you shall collect your visa. We hold the right to let you wait while we are looking for your passport (it can take up to 24hours). Without the application slip we only give out the passport to the passportholder only.