Non-Immigrant O-A Longstay
This type of visa will be issued to applicants aged 50 years or above wishing to take retreat in the Kingdom for a period of at least one year. Not allowed to work in Thailand. This type of visa has validity of 1 year and Multiple entry. Each time you enter Thailand you’ll be permitted to stay for 1 year. But you’ll need to report to immigration every 90 days
2. QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE APPLICANT
- Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the date of submitting the application).
- Not being prohibited from entering the Kingdom under the Immigrant Act B.E. 2522 (A.D.1979).
- Having no criminal record in Thailand, the country of the applicant ‘s nationality, or residence.
- Having the nationality of or the residence in the country where application is submitted.
- Not having prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Drug Addiction, Elephantiasis and third step of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535). click to download medicalform
3. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED (All document must be in English only!)
1. Three (3) filled and signed Visa application Form (not allowed to make copies, attach one photo on each form) click to download
2. Original Passport with validity not less than 18 months and must not be damage.
3. Three (3) copies of your Passport (The page that shows your photo, name, date and place of birth) Please note that the copy shall be on an A4 paper
4. Three (3) completed and signed Additional application form(click to download)
5. Three (3) photographs, size (3.5cm. x 4.5cm).front view, MUST BE TAKEN AT THE SAME TIME, MUST not be taken more than 6 months and MUST not be your homemade photographs (Please attached with one photo for each visa application form)
6. Original Criminal Record and 2 copies (we do accept that you open the envelope and make copies yourself)
7. The original medical certificate plus two (2) copies (in English only)
*issued by a medical doctor where the applicants having residents (within Sweden only)
*The certificate must also have the seal stamp of the hospital or clinic or where the certificate has been issued. Showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535), such as LEPROSY, TUBERCULOSIS (T.B.), ELEPHANTIASIS, DRUG ADDICTION AND THIRD STEP OF SYPHILIS (the verification shall be valid for not more than 3 months)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ (click to download for an example of Medical certificated)
8. Original Personbevis and two (2) copies (Extract of the population registration from skatteverket)
9. Evidence of adequate finance. One original and two (2) copies
Bank statement (ORIGINAL ENGLISH ONLY) showing a deposit (cash only) of the amount approximately 228,000 SEK (800,000 baht). Document must be stamped and signed by authorized issuer and issued within the past 3 months. OR
A pension income certificate (ORIGINAL ENGLISH ONLY) with monthly income of approximately 18,500 SEK per month and after tax (65,000 baht) OR
A pension income certificate (per month x 12 months) can be combined with Bank statement of an amount approximately 228,000 SEK (800,000 Baht)
Note: All document required as above must be in ENGLISH only (One original plus 2 copies)
* The Embassy will REJECT your visa application if your document above is not completed.
* Visa requirement and information can be changed without prior notice.
* The Embassy assume the right to DENY to issued visa without giving any reason or grant any type of visa to the applicant
****(Effective from 23 February 2015)***
4. VISA APPLICATION FEE
- 1,500 SEK
- Visa fee paid in CASH ONLY when submitting application. Visa fee may be changed without prior notice
5. BEFORE HAND IN VISA APPLICATION YOU MUST PREPARED AS FOLLOW:
- When you have prepared all the documents from stage 1-9 you then MUST make 2 copies per each of the documents.
- After you have copy all of the documents. You MUST separate the documents into three sets. Within these sets, please arrange all the documents of each copy in order from no.1- no 9 (if applicable) All together you will have one set of original and 2 sets of the copy documents
- Do not apply visa earlier than 3 months before your arrival date to Thailand.
- The Embassy will not return the fee paid for visa application in all cases.
7. VALIDITY OF A VISA
The validity of a visa is 12 months.
The Embassy issued visa from the date you hand-in visa application.
8. PERIOD OF STAY
Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding ONE (1) year per each entry (subject to the discretion of the Immigration Officer at the immigration check-point)
9. EXTENSION OF STAY
Those who wish to stay longer or wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the nearest Immigration Office where you stay or at the Immigration Bureau located at Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at http://www.immigration.go.th). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa
is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
10. VISA PROCESSING TIME:
- Applying in person or representatives at the Royal thai Embassy in Stockholm ONLY:- Application will be processed and ready in 1 week
- Collection date for visa is specified on a payment receipt. Always bring the receipt and when collecting a visa.
- Applying through travel Agents:- Applications will be processed in 1 week
- The Embassy in Stockholm DOES NOT neither accepted nor returns visa application by post.
11. RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FOREIGNERS WITH NON-IMMIGRANT VISA “O-A”
WHILE STAYING IN THE KINGDOM.
1. Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of
2. At the end of the 90-day stay, the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his/her residence
area and report again every 90 days during his/her stays in Thailand. The foreigner may report to the police
station if there is no immigration office in his/her residence area.
3. Foreigner may report to the competent authority by post and should provide the following:
- A report form (Tor Mor 47).
- A copy of passport pages showing the foreigner’s photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa
- A copy of the previous receipt of acknowledgement.
- A self-addressed envelope with postage affixed.
Such documents must be sent to the Office of the Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road,
Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120, and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period.
receipt of acknowledgement will be given and should be used for future correspondence.
4. Foreigner who wishes to extend his/her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at the Office of
the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account in Thailand or
an income certificate showing an amount of not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate plus a deposit account showing a total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht. A one-year extension of stay shall be
granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he/she meets the above requirements.
- The Embassy will not process an un-completed visa application.
- Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
- The Embassy will not return the visa fee paid after hand in your visa application
- Type of visa cannot be change after hand in your visa application.
- The applicants are fully responsible for choosing and submitting correct type of visa according to your purposes and period of stay to Thailand.
- After collecting your passport with issued visa, the applicant MUST check type of visa carefully and make sure it accords with your purposes and period of stay to Thailand.
- If there are any doubts, you MUST raise it immediately with the staff. Otherwise the applicants will take all the consequences by themselves.
Visa requirement and information can be changed without prior notice.
13. WHERE AND HOW TO APPLY VISA
- You can apply this visa in Stockholm only
- Please check General information or contact the Royal Thai Embassy, Stockholm
- Visa applications open Monday- Friday 9.00-12.00 hours
- Collecting passport Monday-Friday 14.00-16.00 hours
- Closed on Thai and Swedish Publish holiday. Please check holidays list before visiting.