Thai Birth Certificate (Thai Citizenship)

To apply for Thai citizenship you have to come and sign for a birth certificate in person at the Royal Thai Embassy in Stockholm only. Please copy the documents and send them to us by post for review. It will take approximately 1-2 weeks to verify the documents and then the officer will contact you back.

Royal Thai Embassy
Box 26220

After we have viewed your documents we will contact you to make an appointment to come to the embassy and apply for Thai citizenship. 

  • To register for a Thai birth certificate, the child has to have been born in Sweden or Latvia and at least one of the parents has to be a Thai citizen.
  • Registrations of births are free of charge.   
  • You can send the documents by post (see the address below) 
  • For more information

Required documents

  1. Application for registration of birth (Click here to download)
  2. Photo of the children (5 X 5 cm.)
  3. Personbevis of the child (Ändamål: Utdrag om folkbokföringsuppgifter)
  4. Personbevis of parents (Ändamål: Utdrag om folkbokföringsuppgifter)
  5. Copy of passport of parents (one copy per child).
  6. Copy of the birth record (FV1 och FV2) from the hospital where the child was born along with the name of the hospital, date of birth, time and weight at birth  of the child
  7. Copy of Thai parent's ID-Card and house registration certificate.
  8. Copy of the Swedish parent's passport and driving license or ID-Card.
  9. Copy of marriage certificate (if the parents were married)
  10. Certificate of paternity confirmation from the district registry office where the child was born  (if the child was born from year 2020 onwards, documents must be obtained from the Swedish Tax Agency) if the parents were not married before the child was born
  11. Application form for certificate of unregistered marriage, if the parents were not married when the child was born (Click here to download)
  12. Application form for registration of surname use, if the parents were not married when the child was born.(Click here to download)
  13. Child birth certificate, in case you have notified the birth of a child before (If the upcoming child has the same father as the previous child), please attach a copy of the birth certificate issued by the local district. or district office or from the embassy (for example, having notified the birth of the first or second child before, a copy of the birth certificate of both children must be attached)

For modify the birth certificate that has been issued by the Embassy, please use this form. (Click here to download)
For requesting a copy of a birth certificate, please use this form (Click here to download) The fee is SEK 175.  (From 1 October 2021 Payment by Swish Only!) Please send in your telephone number and email in connection with the application and our staff will contact you regarding the payment.