Thai Birth Certificate (Thai Citizenship)
To apply for Thai citizenship you have to submit the application and the required document in person at the Royal Thai Embassy in Stockholm. Please copy the documents and send it to us by post for review.
Royal Thai Embassy
100 40 STOCKHOLM
After we have viewed your documents we will contact you to make an appointment to come to the embassy and apply for Thai citizenship.
- To register for a Thai birth certificate, the child has to have been born in Sweden or Latvia and at least one of the parents has to be a Thai citizen.
- Registrations of births are free of charge.
- You can send the documents by post (see address below)
- For more information email@example.com
- Application for registration of birth (Click here to download)
- Photo of the children (5 X 5 cm.)
- Personbevis of the child (Ändamål: Utdrag om folkbokföringsuppgifter)
- Personbevis of parents (Ändamål: Utdrag om folkbokföringsuppgifter)
- Copy of passport of parents (one copy per child).
- Copy of the birth record (FV1 och FV2) from the hospital where the child was born along with the name of the hospital, date of birth, time and weight at birth of the child
- Copy of Thai parent's ID-Card and house registration certificate.
- Copy of the Swedish parent's passport and driving license or ID-Card.
- Copy of marriage certificate (if the parents were married)
- Certificate of paternity confirmation from the National Board of Health and Welfare / Municipality family law. Not from the tax office (if the parents were not married before the child was born)
- Application form for certificate of unregistered marriage, if the parents were not married when the child was born (Click here to download)
- Application form for registration of surname use, if the parents were not married when the child was born.(Click here to download)
- Child birth certificate, in case you have notified the birth of a child before (If the upcoming child has the same father as the previous child), please attach a copy of the birth certificate issued by the local district. or district office or from the embassy (for example, having notified the birth of the first or second child before, a copy of the birth certificate of both children must be attached)
For modify the birth certificate that has been issued by the Embassy, please use this form. (Click here to download)
For requesting a copy of a birth certificate, please use this form (Click here to download) The fee is SEK 175. (From 1 October 2021 Payment by Swish Only!) Please send in your telephone number and email in connection with the application and our staff will contact you regarding the payment.